DRAFT - STATION INFO - DRAFT
HOME to VE6JY
- There are currently 5 fixed operating positions with the ability to
add several more when necessary (just plug them into the patch panel).
- Each position is configured to operate, depending on
what contest is being run, what band and what mode for that position.
A example would be the 20 meter phone station.
This position would be configured to use the 20 meter stack with the ability to switch any
combination of the stack in or out. i.e. top and bottom, top and
second, all or any one of the antennas. This fast switching is done
through a relay system and a rotary switch.
- It is possible to operate both phone and CW on the same band with
little interference. This is done by high Q filters and the keeping the
- Filter picture to go here
- Logging is done via the TR
contesting log program by N6TR.,
Each operating position has a
computer linked to the radio and to the other computers via the TR
serial network. The TR logging program was chosen because of it's ability
on simple computers under MSDOS 6.x and because of the high reliability.
- Computer picture with TR to go here
- Canada unique contests.
Canada Day (July 1) and RAC